If you’ve invested thousands in a ‘sanctuary by the sea’ then beach hut insurance will be high up on your list to purchase. Not only has the great British weather contributed to significant coastal damage over the last few years, and heavy flooding but there is a need to protect from vandalism all year round.
Having personally owned two beach huts since early 2015, I’ve purchased beach hut insurance and spent time obtaining quotes and gathering information about policies. It’s an important task for me each year and with relatively few providers in this marketplace, it is not always easy to compare pros and cons whilst trying to keep yearly costs down.
Beach Hut insurance is very much still a nice product but with a little work, you can soon have the information you need to make a final decision.
Ryan’s – Beach Hut Insurance
Ryan’s is one of the beach hut insurance companies that offers coverage to beach huts throughout the UK.
- Ryan’s offers a range of personal insurance products including home, motor and travel along with business insurance. Beach Hut insurance is part of the Private Client Division.
- Policies available to cover all types of beach huts regardless of location and covers both buildings and contents insurance (up to 20% of building sum insured).
- Accidental damage cover included automatically for buildings insurance and nil excess
- Storm and inundation by the sea cover along with vandalism and malicious damage cover included
- I was able to speak to an insurance advisor straight away with no transfers to other teams. Polite and efficient with documentation emailed less than one hour later to me for review.
- 10% discount if you are a member of a Beach Hut Association
- Public Liability cover included as standard up to maximum of £5 million (important to those who hire out their huts)
- Immediate quote provided via telephone and able to put in place insurance at point of the telephone call
- Ability to pay by cheque, credit card, bank transfer or cash in person! They offer a monthly direct debit though note there may be additional service charges.
- No further paperwork post purchasing
- Ryan’s guarantee to beat the price of any like for like quotation received elsewhere subject to some T&Cs (note contents cover % below which cannot be flexed).
- You are unable to purchase directly online and whilst the website allows you to request a quote, this merely captures basic details and you will need to provide additional information by telephone to obtain the actual price being quoted.
- Unable to flex contents cover. This is set at up to 20% of buildings insurance.
- No information re process for claiming or detail of policies online. You have no option but to call to get more information.
To speak with a rep from Ryan’s, call 01473 343300 or request a callback at http://www.ryans.co.uk/request-a-call-back?product=cGFnZV8xODY=
- Receive a quote for beach hut insurance by going to: http://www.ryans.co.uk/get-a-quote/beach-hut-insurance
- Note – no further information is available online via Ryan’s. Extremely frustrating and time-consuming but as one of the lowest quotes, it was worth picking up the phone.
*All information was correct at the time of writing the article. Please check the company’s website for current up-to-date policy details. To visit Insure Homes Limited website, go to: http://www.ryans.co.uk/personal-insurance/home-property/beach-hut-insurance-